Skip to main content
Volunteer Income Tax Assistanct - vita - financial literacy

As part of our commitment to helping working families become more financially stable, YWCA Hartford Region supports Volunteer Income Tax Assistance (VITA) by hosting a site.

YWCA’s VITA program operates annually from January - April.

YWCA's VITA hours of operation are:

  • Tuesday & Wednesday 5 PM - 8 PM
  • Saturday 9 AM - 12 PM

Items you need to bring: To have your tax return(s) prepared at YWCA’s VITA site you need to bring the following information with you:

  • Proof of identification – Picture ID
  • Social Security Cards for you, your spouse and dependents or a Social Security Number verification letter issued by the Social Security Administration or Individual Taxpayer Identification Number (ITIN) assignment letter for you, your spouse and dependents
  • Proof of foreign status, if applying for an ITIN
  • Birth dates for you, your spouse and dependents on the tax return
  • Wage and earning statement(s) Form W-2, W-2G, 1099-R, 1099-Misc from all employers
  • Interest and dividend statements from banks (Forms 1099)
  • A copy of last year’s federal and state returns if available
  • Proof of bank account routing numbers and account numbers for Direct Deposit, such as a blank check
  • Total paid for daycare/childcare provider and the daycare/childcare provider's tax identifying number (the provider's Social Security Number or the provider's business Employer Identification Number) if appropriate
  • To file taxes electronically on a married-filing-joint tax return, both spouses must be present to sign the required forms.
  • A copy of last year's tax return (if available)

It is extremely important that each person use the correct Social Security Number. The most accurate information is usually located on your original Social Security card. If you do not have an SSN for you or a dependent, complete Form SS-5, Social Security Number Application. This form should be submitted to the nearest Social Security Administration Office.

If you or your dependent is not eligible to get a Social Security Number, you may need an Individual Taxpayer Identification Number (ITIN).

Powered by Firespring