“You have not lived today until you have done something for someone who can never repay you.” – John Bunyan
Please help women, children and families from your community by donating new or gently used items.
Essential items for residents of our shelter and Soromundi Commons:
- Non-perishable food items
- Face masks - (bandanas or scarves made of breathable fabrics too) Are you crafty? Hand sewn or simple masks with rubber bands would be appreciated! DIY video for No Sew Face Masks
- Hand sanitizer
- Disinfecting wipes and spray
- Twin Sheet Sets
- Personal hygiene products (toothbrush, toothpaste, soap, shampoo, etc.)
- Feminine hygiene products
- Cleaning products and tools (dish soap, paper towels, glass cleaner, toilet bowl cleaner, broom, vacuum, etc.)
- Twin comforters, blankets and pillows (new only)
- Dishes and flatware (sets of four, new only)
- Grocery store gift cards
- Gift cards (WalMart, Target, CVS, etc.) for food and supplies
- Bus passes
Please Note: To arrange a drop off of your donation, please contact Cathy Zeiner at email@example.com or call (860) 525-1163 ext 102. We are unable to accept donations without prior arrangements. Thank you!
If you opt to shop online, goods can be delivered directly to:
YWCA Hartford Region
135 Broad Street
Hartford, CT 06105
For more information, please contact the Development Office at (860) 525-1163 or
You can now support Soromundi residents and programs by shopping from the comfort of your home, and selecting items from our Amazon Wish Lists.