Our New Now
We are starting a social enterprise!
In 2021, YWCA Hartford Region was one of six non profits chosen by Hartford Foundation for Public Giving to participate in a Social Enterprise Accelerator.
What is a Social Enterprise?
A social Enterprise is a business which seeks to maximize profits while maximizing benefits to society. The profits are principally used to fund social programs.
Why A Social Enterprise?
- We know that businesses and individuals want to use their purchasing power for social impact and community reinvestment
- COVID-19 has disproportionately impacted women in the workforce
- Women are reimagining their career paths through entrepreneurial endeavors
- A need for skill development for women
- Online Flower Shops are a growing market
Yes, I want to learn more about Persimmon Petals
Yes, I want to donate today to help launch Persimmon Petals