Approximately 2,300 individuals benefit from our programs and services each year. Here are just a few of the many ways YWCA Hartford Region impacts the women and children in our community:
- Our childcare and early learning programs engage over 900 children from seven towns in stimulating and creative activities for healthy development
- The Young Women's Leadership Corps helps 230 young women from Greater Hartford build self-esteem, gain real-life job skills, and discover and connect with a world outside their own through community service and educational workshops
- Soromundi Commons provides a safe and supportive environment for more than 150 individuals in need of emergency shelter, transitional housing and affordable apartments. Tenants with low incomes and people at risk of homelessness receive the health care, employment counseling and additional resources necessary for self-sufficiency
- Our experienced staff provides more than 16,000 hours of counseling and education each year to over 125 families at risk of child abuse through the Time Out for Parents program
- The Money Conference for Women, equips women of all economic backgrounds and at every stage of life with the tools to handle the unique financial issues they face in their personal and professional lives
The continued generous support of our members, funders and the community helps ensure that YWCA Hartford Region can provide these services and develop new programs necessary to fulfill our mission of eliminating racism and empowering women.